Here is a recipe for Bhindi Masala, also known as Okra Masala:
- 500g Okra (Bhindi)
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 Green Chilies, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon Garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- Fresh Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Wash and dry the okra, trim the ends and cut them into thin slices.
- In a pan, heat the oil and add cumin seeds. Let them splutter.
- Add chopped onion and fry until it turns golden brown.
- Add ginger paste, garlic paste, and green chilies and fry for a few seconds.
- Add chopped tomatoes, salt, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and garam masala powder. Cook until the tomatoes become soft.
- Add the sliced okra and mix well. Cover the pan and let it cook on low heat for about 15-20 minutes.
- Check occasionally to make sure that the okra is not sticking to the bottom of the pan. If it is, add a little bit of water and mix well.
- Once the okra is cooked, remove the lid and cook for another 5 minutes until the water evaporates.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with roti or rice.
Enjoy your delicious Bhindi Masala!